White Driver Wins Again
First PGA Tour Win for Burner® SuperFast 2.0 Driver as Martin Laird Wins Arnold Palmer Invitational
Laird Ranked Fifth in Driving Distance (296.6); Also Plays New R11 Fairway, Daytona Ghost Putter
TaylorMade-adidas Golf Tour Staff professional Martin Laird won the Arnold Palmer Invitational playing the new white Burner SuperFast 2.0 driver. Laird’s second PGA Tour victory marks the sixth worldwide for TaylorMade’s white drivers and comes just three weeks after putting the club in his bag, at Doral.
Laird has ranked first (313.1), third (300.8), and fifth (296.6) in average driving distance at consecutive PGA Tour events. The added power helped him notch top-10 finishes at the WGC-Cadillac Championship (T10) and Transitions Championship (T5) before Sunday’s breakthrough win at Bay Hill.
Laird also played the new R11 fairway (4-wood) and a Rossa Daytona Ghost mid-length putter; he wore FORMOTION apparel and adiPURE footwear from adidas Golf. On a day that will be remembered for its incredibly fast, firm conditions, it was Laird’s stoic up-and-down on 17 and two-putt from 86 feet on the treacherous 18th green that secured the trophy.
Five of the top-10 finishes at the Arnold Palmer Invitational used a white TaylorMade driver. Laird’s victory increases TaylorMade’s worldwide driver win total to 13 this year – more than any other brand
In Laird’s Bag:
- Burner SuperFast 2.0 10.5°
- R11 fairway 17°
- R9 fairway 19°
- Tour Preferred, 3-4
- R9 TP 5-PW
- Rossa Daytona Ghost Midsize
- FORMOTION apparel
- adiPURE footwear
- Martin Laird wins the Arnold Palmer Invitational playing the new Burner SuperFast 2.0 driver, R11 4-wood and Daytona Ghost putter.
- Laird’s win marks the sixth worldwide for TaylorMade’s white drivers, the R11 and Burner SuperFast 2.0
- Laird, who first switched to the Burner SuperFast 2.0 at Doral, has ranked first (313.1), third (300.8), and fifth (296.6) in average driving distance at consecutive PGA Tour events.
- The victory increased TaylorMade’s worldwide driver win total to 13 this year – more than any other brand.